After hours and days and weeks of planning, Thanksgiving has come and gone, leaving in its wake several days worth of leftovers. While one could just eat the same plate of leftover goods day after day, the Nutrition Team has a few recipes for those looking for a little more pizzazz.
TURKEY AND RICE SOUP
- 2 tablspoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3/4 cup celery, diced
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 4 1/2 cups of Easy Turkey Stock recipe
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 1 cup or cooked brown rice
- Coarse salt and fresh pepper
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, potato, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add stock, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in turkey and rice, and cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
For extra-delicious rice, cook in Easy Turkey Stock, as opposed to regular old water!
Nutrition Facts per Serving / Makes 4 Servings
265 Calories, 23 grams of carbohydrates, 9 grams of fat, 23 grams of protein, 211 milligrams of sodium, and 3 grams of sugar.