Inter-Faith Food Shuttle Farm and GardenCrew-Call
More than ever we need YOUR help! Haven’t heard about the recent expansion at the farm? One of our dedicated volunteers, Nyssa, blogs about it here. We’re gearing up for big production this season to supplement our fresh produce deliveries and YOUR participation in the Saturday Work Days is vital to our efforts at addressing community food security. So, c’mon and help us put some roots down!
VOLUNTEER TIMES & EVENTS
Farm Work day, Saturday between 9a-2p (2401 Dover Farm Road)
- We’re ready to plant more tomatoes, cucumbers and squash and need 10 volunteers that can each commit 2-3 hours this Saturday!
- Reserve your spot with Sun (firstname.lastname@example.org) so he knows you’re coming out to help.
- If you can, please bring tools with you so we can get more work done: trowels, hoes, shovels, and rakes are needed.
Community Gardens Work times
Alliance Medical Ministry Wednesday 3:30-5:00pm
Neighbor to Neighbor Thursday 3:30-5:00pm
Mayview Friday 3:30-5:00pm
- In all gardens we are working with community members and youth to grow their gardens!
- We need 3 volunteers for each work day- email Amanda (Amanda@foodshuttle.org) if you are planning on coming.
- Garden Addresses/Directions: Alliance Medical Ministry is located at the corner of New Bern Ave. and Donald Ross Dr. at 101 Donald Ross. Neighbor to Neighbor is at 1200 S Blount Street; 1 story brick building on right with long chain link fence. Please park on E Bragg street (on right before you get to N2N). The Mayview garden site is located down the grassy hill behind the duplex at 2136 Mayview Rd (backing up to the Jaycee field).
Upcoming Event: Community Outreach Training Saturday, May 22 from 10a-1p
Join Sun and Nickie, our Hands on Health Program Coordinator, as they lead discussion in how to engage and empower individuals to help their own communities. Learn what community organizing is all about and help us connect with families in the community gardens neighborhoods. RSVP to Sun: email@example.com
Name the Chickens: Only 1 day left! Vote for your favorite names here.
Wanted: Community Garden Leaders
Enjoy gardening? Are you a natural leader? Looking for a way to get more involved in your community? Become a Garden Leader and help us grow the Food Shuttle community gardens. We’re now looking for energetic volunteers to coordinate community members and volunteers in garden work and activities at each of our 3 Raleigh gardens. For more information, please email Amanda (Amanda@foodshuttle.org).
PAR (Plant a Row for the Hungry) – sign up to become a member or drop off site! The IFFS PAR program encourages people to grow extra and/or donate excess produce to people in need through IFFS. We will have weekly PAR produce drop-off sites at locations around our 7 county service area, including at Logan’s Monday through Saturday.
- If you are interested in becoming a member (donating produce from your own harvest) or know of a farmers market or store that might be interested in becoming a PAR drop-off site please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
GARDEN SUPPLIES: We are still in need of hand-tool donations. We gladly accept new and/or lightly used equipment. Thanks to all who have responded.
New Volunteer? If you have not filled out a volunteer form or have a friend who is interested in helping out please email Amanda at (Amanda@foodshuttle.org)
See you at the Food Shuttle farm this weekend!
Sun, Amanda, Steven, Elizabeth & Katherine