Every Wednesday at noon, folks meet up at Farmhouse Pizza on Hillsborough Street in Raleigh to mingle, eat lunch together and discuss topics surrounding local foods and agriculture. What's so special about it? The Communication Dept. at the Food Shuttle went out last week to add a little compost to the fields of our minds. And boy the ideas are sprouting now! We can't wait to get back to another Crop Circle lunch and here's our 5 reasons why you should, too!
- The People- On any given week, a new group of folks show up! You may end up meeting backyard gardeners, NC State professors, local food activists or brand new gardeners. Every week is a pleasant surprise!
- The Food- Who doesn't love a good pizza and salad midway through the week? Farmhouse Pizza cooks up a delicious pizza for Crop Circle attendees. $5 for pizza, salad and a drink is quite a deal!
- The Conversation- Where else can you learn about the best cover crops for your garden from experts in soil science at NC State or discuss ways to engage the community in finding ways to build sustainable food systems? Each week a different topic is discussed, and everyone's opinion and ideas are welcome!
- The Cause- The $5 suggested donation for lunch goes right back to the Food Shuttle's hunger relief efforts!
- The Steven Horton- Yes, the man himself attends and organizes each Crop Circle. Every week you can get time with IFFS Farm Assistant, Crop Mobber and The Worm Doctor.
See you on Wednesdays at noon for the Crop Circle!