Come out Saturday to help harvest! We have fall veggies to pick so that we can get them out to agencies and community members. Bring a friend, a neighbor, or make it a family affair and enjoy the beautiful fall weather after all the rain this week!
- Garden Crew will meet this Saturday November 14th from 9:00–12:00 PM at Food Shuttle Farm (see map). Our fall garden is in and we need lots of help harvesting greens, turnips and beets so that we can get these out to our communities in need.
- Our Nutrition Coordinator, Amanda, and volunteers, Melissa and LJoy, will be leading the charge at the Community Gardens this year and would love your help in the garden and working with community members. Please email Amanda at NutritionCoord@foodshuttle.org if you want to join and for directions. Schedule Below:
- Tuesdays 4:00-5:30pm - Neighbor to Neighbor
- Wednesdays & Fridays 3:45-5:30pm - Mayview
- We need help during the week too! Farm Manager Sun Butler can meet you on the Farm any day during the week from 8:30-12 PM and 3-6PM. Please call Sun ahead to let him know when you are coming or give him a heads up on your way out there (919.559.2391). Sun’s number is also posted on the bulletin board at Food Shuttle Farm if you get there and cannot find him.
FARMS & GARDEN BLOG
This blog is a great place to check out weekly ripe recipes, find yourself in photos of weekly crew calls, hear from other volunteers, and stay up to date with activities at IFFS. Let the Food Shuttle's Communication Department know if you’re interested in contributing to the blog! Jason@foodshuttle.org or CeCe@foodshuttle.org
LOCAVORE LUNCH – Every Wednesday!
Every Wednesday at noon we are holding local agricultural discussion groups at Farmhouse Pizza, 3011 Hillsborough St. in Raleigh. The lunch will feature local produce from NCSU Farmers' Marketwhile it is in session. Otherwise we will find produce at other local markets. We want these discussions to be very loose and a way for local food activists/farmers/gardeners to engage students in the area. If you are attending please RSVP to email@example.com so we know how much pizza and salad to make.
We are still in need of hand-tool donations. We gladly accept new and/or lightly used equipment. Thanks to all who have responded.
GROW VEGGIES AT HOME?
Our new Plant a Row (PAR) program has kicked off… We are hoping anyone with home grown vegetables will consider planting extra or just giving any excess harvest to our community members in need. E-mail Katherine, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you have not filled out a volunteer form or have a friend who is interested in helping out please email Janet at RGSJRS@aol.com.
See you on Saturday at IFFS Farm!