Here's another Ripe Recipe from Sally, the Food Shuttle's Director of Administration! Sally always has unique and tasty ideas for our Ripe Recipes here on the Farms and Community Gardens blog! Try out this Brussels sprouts recipe as a side dish for dinner this week!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic and Pancetta
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 oz. Pancetta, visible fat discarded and pancetta minced (I used bacon, cooked, diced meaty part only)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (I used shallots, sauted in a little olive oil.)
- ½ T extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- ½ C pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Toss together Brussels sprouts, pancetta, garlic, oil, and salt and pepper to taste in an 11 X 7 inch baking pan or cookie sheet and spread in one layer.
- Roast in upper third of oven. Halfway through roasting, stir once and sprinkle pine nuts across the top. Roast until sprouts are brown on edges and tender, about 25 minutes total.
- Stir in water, scraping up brown bits. Serve warm & promptly lest they turn mushy.