Inter-Faith Food Shuttle Farm and Garden
Come out Saturday to help prepare the beds for winter cover crops. Bring a friend, a neighbor, or make it a family affair and enjoy the beautiful fall weather!
- Garden Crew will meet this Saturday November 7th from 9:00–12:00 PM at Food Shuttle Farm (see map below). We will be mulching, weeding, and harvesting, as always, and getting the summer garden ready for cover crops.
- Our Nutrition Coordinator, Amanda, and volunteer, Melissa, will be leading the charge at the Community Gardens this year and would love your help in the garden and working with community members. Please email Amanda at NutritionCoord@foodshuttle.org if you want to join and for directions. Schedule Below:
- Tuesdays 4:00-6:00pm - Neighbor to Neighbor
- Wednesdays & Fridays 3:45-5:45pm - Mayview
- We need lots of help during the week too! Farm Manager Sun Butler can meet you on the Farm any day during the week from 8:30-12 PM and 3-6PM. Please call Sun ahead to let him know when you are coming or give him a heads up on your way out there (919.559.2391). Sun’s number is also posted on the bulletin board at Food Shuttle Farm if you get there and cannot find him.
FARMS & GARDEN BLOG
Keep up with what’s going on with our Farms & Gardens and PAR programs through the IFFS blog. This is a great place to check out weekly ripe recipes, find yourself in photos of weekly crew calls, hear from other volunteers, and stay up to date with activities at IFFS. Let us know if you’re interested in contributing to the blog!
LOCAVORE LUNCH – NEXT WED!
Join us for Pizza and salad w/ Local ingredients sourced from NCSU Farmers Market Wed. Nov 11th, 12PM at the FarmHouse Restaurant on Hillsborough St. Sun Butler will speak on the relationship between gas and food prices and how Local Food is the solution! Contact Steve for details firstname.lastname@example.org
We are still in need of hand-tool donations. We gladly accept new and/or lightly used equipment. Thanks to all who have responded.
GROW VEGGIES AT HOME?
Our new Plant a Row (PAR) program has kicked off… We are hoping anyone with home grown vegetables will consider planting extra or just giving any excess harvest to our community members in need. Check out the attachment, spread the word, and/or get in touch with Katherine if you are interested in finding out more.
If you have not filled out a volunteer form or have a friend who is interested in helping out please email Janet at RGSJRS@aol.com.
See you on Saturday at IFFS Farm