Fall greens are planted. It is time to mulch down those rows and plant cover crops! Come out and join us before your halloween festivities. VOLUNTEER TIME:
- Garden Crew will meet this Saturday October 31 st from 9:00–12:00 PM at Food Shuttle Farm (see directions). We will be mulching and weeding as always and if it rains we will plant the winter garden inside the season extension greenhouse.
- Our Nutrition Coordinator, Amanda, and volunteer, Melissa, will be leading the charge at the Community Gardens this year and would love your help in the garden and working with community members. Please email Amanda at NutritionCoord@foodshuttle.org if you want to join and for directions. Schedule Below:
- Tuesdays 4:00-6:00pm - Neighbor to Neighbor
- Wednesdays & Fridays 3:30-5:30pm - Mayview
- Farm Manager Sun Butler can meet you on the Farm any day during the week from 8:30-12 PM and 3-6PM. If possible, please call Sun ahead to let him know when you are coming or give him a heads up on your way out there (919.559.2391). Sun’s number is also posted on the bulletin board at Food Shuttle Farm if you get there and cannot find him.
FARMS & GARDEN BLOG
Keep up with what’s going on with our Farms & Gardens and PAR programs through the IFFS blog. This is a great place to check out weekly ripe recipes, find yourself in photos of weekly crew calls, hear from other volunteers, and stay up to date with activities at IFFS. Let us know if you’re interested in contributing to the blog!
WEEKLY LOCAL AG Discussion
Crop Circle - a weekly Student Local Ag. Discussion group mediated by Steve Horton and Sun Butler meets every Thursday from 4-6 PM at the Farm House Restaurant at 3011 Hillsborough St. in Raleigh at the corner of Friendly Dr. and Hillsborough St. Outside agitators are welcome. Contact Steve for details email@example.com
We are still in need of hand-tool donations as well as gardening gloves for some of our senior participants. We gladly accept new and/or lightly used equipment. Thanks to all who have responded.
GROW VEGGIES AT HOME?
Our new Plant a Row (PAR) program has kicked off… We are hoping anyone with home grown vegetables will consider planting extra or just giving any excess harvest to our community members in need.
E-mail Janet at RGSJRS@aol.com if you have not filled out a volunteer form, have a friend who is interested in helping out please, or want to be added to the Crew Call e-mail list!
See you on Saturday at IFFS Farm or out at one of the communtiy gardens!